Monday 13 May 2013

Try Something New

For some of us, trying something new can be a bit daunting. You might be scared of failing or that you won't be any good or think it won't get you anywhere. I used to be exactly the same, and if I did try something and it didn't work straight away then I thought there was no point and gave up.

However, lately my views have changed. I've been having a more 'trial and error' outlook on things. I just thought, I'm going to do this, and so what if I fail? I won't get anywhere if I don't keep trying.

And that's when I picked up a guitar. I had been wanting to learn for a while but I was too worried about being no good so I didn't even bother asking for a guitar. Eventually, I did get one, and even though it is my cousin's very old second-hand one and doesn't tune perfectly it does the job. I taught myself for a little bit but now I'm going to lessons and of course I've made a few mistakes, but you learn from those mistakes. You fall down but then you get right back up and start again where you left off. It takes a lot of practise in some cases, but in the end it's worth it because you're doing something you want to do and you feel a great sense of achievement because of it.

Unfortunately I can't amaze you all with HD camera skills because I can't find the lead to my camera (how organised am I?), so here is a photo of me with my beloved guitar. (I tried to get more of the guitar in but it looked a bit weird)

You could want to learn how to draw, or bake, or act. The list is endless. We all need to start somewhere. Whatever you choose could be entirely new to you, or something you just want to get better at. It doesn't matter, as long as it makes you happy and you have a good time doing it. It doesn't have to be skills based either. You might have never been on a roller coaster before but you really want to. And if you can, then you should. Just go out there and give it a go.

Also, follow me on Twitter! I don't know how to do one of those one-click buttons yet.

No comments:

Post a Comment